2134 videos · 23243 friends
BEAT100 Terms, conditions & guidelines
The hosts of BEAT100.com reserve the right not to pay prize money to video chart winners if any cheating or fraud has been detected by our regulators.
1.1 BEAT100.com will not accept video’s of a pornographic or explicit nature, silly or dangerous behavior. Don’t upload this sort of video. It will be immediately removed and you will be banned from using BEAT100 indefinitely.
1.2 Graphic violence is also prohibited.
1.3 Respect copyright. Video’s that users have created will only be accepted into our monthly video chart.
1.4 BEAT100 has a clear copyright policy designed to protect itself from any infringement from a third party. BEAT100 reserves the right to terminate the account of any repeat copyright offender.
1.5 BEAT100.com will always encourage Free Speech but will not tolerate racism of any kind. Content which attacks any race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or religion will be removed.
1.6 BEAT100.com will not tolerate predatory behavior between users. Invasion of privacy, revealing other users personal data, harassment or threatening behavior will result in permanent banishment from BEAT100.com.
1.7 BEAT100 allows a max of 20 video uploads per user per month
1.8 Creating misleading video descriptions or fake accounts to increase viewing figures and votes will be deemed as cheating and will not be tolerated. If this takes place all votes and videos will be removed from BEAT100.com. 1 account permitted per user is allowed.
All users that attempt to spam the BEAT100 network in anyway will have their accounts deleted without warning.
(Let’s make BEAT100.com a fun, fair experience for all!)
2) BEAT100.com Accounts
3.1 In order to gain access for some features of BEAT100, you will need to create a BEAT100 account. You must be careful to keep your password confidential.
3.2 Notify BEAT100 immediately if you detect any breach of security or wrongdoing regarding your account.
3.3 By agreeing to our terms and conditions you take full responsibility for all activity surrounding your BEAT100 account.
3) Restrictions on Use
4.1 BEAT100 hereby grants you permission to access and use the social networking and video platform, subject to conditions. By joining BEAT100 you are agreeing to the following conditions.
1.Do not distribute any part of the website or content without express condition from BEAT100’s hosts, (or if BEAT100 makes available the content first).
2.Do not modify or try to replicate the Website or any of the Service in any way.
3.You agree not to attempt to undermine any security or copyright features implemented by BEAT100’s creators.
4. You agree not to use BEAT100 for any of the following commercial use unless you obtain BEAT100’s prior written approval:
a) the sale of access to BEAT100
b) the sale of advertising, sponsorships or promotions appearing on the personal pages
5. Prohibited commercial uses do not include:
(i) uploading an original video to BEAT100
(ii) creating an original channel on BEAT100 in order to promote a personal lifestyle/business venture.
6. Collecting or harvesting any personal data of any user of BEAT100 is prohibited.
7. Accessing or using content that is not personal or non-commercial for the solicitation of business is strictly forbidden. In addition, copying, attempting to transmit or broadcast any content for commercial gain without written consent from the respective owners will result in your account being terminated and reported to the appropriate authorities.
8.BEAT100 reserve the right to change the format and usability of the website at any time without your prior knowledge.
4.5 As part of BEAT100’s continued innovation, you acknowledge and agree that BEAT100 reserve the right to stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the service (or any features within the service) to users generally at any time and at BEAT100’s sole discretion, without prior notice to you.
5.1 All BEAT100 account holders may upload and submit content to the domain. BEAT100 does not guarantee any confidentiality regarding content.
5.2 BEAT100 users retain all ownership rights of your content.
5.3 You are solely responsible for all content and the consequences that may arise from publishing it. BEAT1=100 does not support any content, opinion or advice expressed within any content uploaded onto the website.
5.4 Your conduct whilst using BEAT100 will, at all times, comply with the BEAT100 Terms, Conditions and Guidelines.
5.5 You will not post any material which is deemed to be unlawful or an infringement of any third party copyright law.
5.6 If BEAT100 becomes aware of any violation of copyright, privacy within any content, it reserves the right to remove such content and/or terminate the offenders account.
5.7 You fully understand and acknowledge that in using BEAT100, you may be subjected to information that is factually incorrect, offensive or objectionable to you. You hereby agree to waive any legal or equitable rights against BEAT100 you have or may have regarding such content.
6) BEAT100 content on the Website
6.1 All content which has not been uploaded personally by users of the website is exclusively owned by BEAT100’s hosts. Therefore all other content is subject to copyright, trade mark and property rights. Such content may not be downloaded, transmitted, broadcasted, displayed, sold or licensed whatsoever without prior written consent from the licensors of BEAT100.
6.2 When users upload content onto our website you allow BEAT100:
1) Non-transferable, royalty free license and sub license to use, reproduce distribute that content in connection with the interest of BEAT100, to promote and redistribute part or, the entire website in any media formats.
2) In addition, you allow all users of BEAT100 a non-transferable royalty free license to access your content through the service, and to use, reproduce, distribute and prepare derivative works of that content within the functionality of BEAT100 and its terms.
7) Links from BEAT100
7.1 BEAT100 may include hyperlinks to other web sites that are not owned or controlled by BEAT100. BEAT100 assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites.
7.2 You acknowledge and agree that BEAT100 is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such web sites or resources.
8) Leaving BEAT100
8.1 BEAT100’s terms and conditions apply until your account is ended by either you or BEAT100 regulators
8.2 BEAT100 may terminate any legal agreement with you at any time if any terms have been compromised or if you have acted in a manner deemed inappropriate or in a manner that has shown that you did not intend to comply with these terms or if BEAT100 is required to do so by law, (in the event of any unlawful occurrences)
8.3 BEAT100 may terminate its service if it is no longer providing a service within your country of residence or if BEAT100 deems that providing a service is no longer commercially viable.
(In the case of these points 8.1/8.3, written notification will be received.)
9) Warranty Exclusion
9.1 None of BEAT100’s Terms, Conditions or Guidelines will ever affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
9.2 BEAT100’s service is provided on ‘face-value’ and makes no attempt to represent any user.
9.3 BEAT100 does not guarantee that it will meet your requirements or that your usability experience will always be uninterrupted, free from error and efficient.
9.4 It can also not guarantee:
a) that any information gained from the BEAT100 website will be factually accurate and reliable.
b) that any defects experienced whilst using BEAT100 will be corrected.
10) Limitation of Liability
10.1 These terms shall not exclude BEAT100’s liability for losses, which may not be legally excluded or limited by applicable law.
10.2 Subject to the overall provision of 10.1, BEAT100 shall not be liable for:
1) Any consequential losses, direct or indirect, incurred by you. Particularly, loss of profit, loss of goodwill or business reputation or loss of data.
2) Any changes BEAT100 may make to its usability, service, provisions of the service or terms and conditions of the service.
3) The loss, deletion or failure to store any information, communication data or content uploaded by users to BEAT100.
4) Any failure to keep personal information or password or account details confidential.
10.3 The limitation of BEAT100’s liability to you in the event of provisions outlined above will apply whether or not BEAT100 has been notified or advised of any possibility of such losses occurring.
11) Safety Tips
11.1 Keep videos of a personal nature private.
11.2 Report any video that you feel is inappropriate or in violation of our terms, conditions and guidelines.
11.3 Please block users who comment in an offensive or abusive tone.
11.4 Ensure that your personal comments are respectful and clean.
12) BEAT100 Legal Terms
12.1 BEAT100 may provide you with e-mails in order to notify you of any imminent changes to the service.
12.2 You agree that if BEAT100 decides not to exercise any legal right which is contained in the terms, this will not be a formal waiver of our rights and that those rights will still be available to enforce in different circumstances.
12.3 If any court of law with jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any stipulation of these terms is invalid, these provisions will be instantly removed. The remaining terms and conditions will continue to be relevant and enforceable.
12.4 All of the above terms and indeed your relationship with BEAT100 is under the regulation of English law. You and BEAT100 agree that any legal submissions shall be under the exclusive jurisdiction of English law and to resolve any legal matter arising from the terms in this fashion. However, BEAT100, in any legal circumstances, shall be allowed to seek injunctive, (or any legal remedy) in any jurisdiction to withstand any legal circumstance arising.
13) BEAT100 Chart Rules
Duration in Chart:
If more than one video upload enters the chart, the user must choose and remove additional video uploads so that only one video upload remains in the charts. This rule is set to ensure fairness.
13.1 Only suitable videos may be entered into the Music Video Chart. A suitable video is defined as a video that:
1. Contains a music track with an accompanying video
2. Has correct permission from the Copyright Holder (if applicable)
3. Does not contain scenes of sex, nudity, drugs, violence or other adult only themes
4. Does not violate any other conditions set out by these Terms and Conditions or British Law
5. Is deemed of suitable quality by an administrator
6. The prize will only be paid direct the the artist that appears in the video. No prizes will be paid or can be claimed by any third party member. Prizes will be paid to the winner no later than 30 days of the win. Payments will only be made from BEAT100 to a users PayPal account. If you don't have a PayPal account please create one here PayPal. If you are under the age of 18, your prize can be claimed by a parent/guardian on your behalf.
7. The winning artist has 30 days to send in their ID to claim their prize. If no ID is sent to BEAT100 within this period the prize will be forfeited.
8. Artists may only enter the music charts if they are over the age of 14. Parents or guardians may monitor these accounts, but cannot enter the chart in place of someone who is under the age of 14.
13.3 Voting Rules
1. You may only vote once for each video per day.
2. You may only use a single account to vote, duplicate accounts will be automatically deleted and illegitimate votes removed without warning. Your account may also be closed, should a BEAT100 regulator feel this is necessary.
3. To prevent voting abuse we only allow three votes per day on a single video from a single IP Address.
4. You may only vote using your own account. Proxy votes are strictly prohibited and any votes cast by any other than the owner of the account will be treated as fraudulent and removed.
5. Any chart entrant found to be using prohibited methods to increase their votes will have their video removed from the chart and their account suspected or terminated.
You may promote your own video within the BEAT100 network but please be aware that BEAT100 strictly prohibits the following actions:
13.3 BEAT100 Administrators view each chart entry to check the conditions above are met. You may appeal this decision by contacting BEAT100 directly but the BEAT100 administrator always has the final say in this matter.
13.4 BEAT100 is unable to accept chart entries from the following locations:
Please note: BEAT100 is unable to accept users and videos from the following locations at this time: Ghana, Indonesia, Israel, Lithuania, Nigeria, Palestine, Southwest Asia, Vietnam.
13.5 Each user may only be awarded a maximum of one prize per chart per month.
13.6 BEAT100 retains the right to modify the chart rules and prize pools without notice.
2) Under the age of 14 are restricted from entering the BEAT100 Music Video Charts
2.1 If you are under 14, you cannot participate in the music video charts. However, you can still upload your videos into the BEAT100 Video Network and use all other site features. If an artist under the age of 14 manages to enter the music video charts, BEAT100 have the right to revoke their video entry and account.
2.2 Parent/Guardian Participation - Children and Teenagers between the age of 14 and 18 should unequivocally seek parental permission before uploading information onto BEAT100. However, parents or guardians cannot upload in the place of an artist under the age of 14.
3) Information BEAT100 receives
3.1 Information about yourself – Signing up for BEAT100 requires you to provide us with your name, date of birth, email and gender. You can then upload a picture of yourself to assist other users in your network to find you. After registering you can add as little or as much detail as you wish. For example, your workplace, birthplace, address, relationship status, activities and pastimes.
3.2 Content – The principle reason for users uploading data to BEAT100 will be to share content with others. Updating a status, uploading multimedia, (photos and videos) sharing links to other websites and to enter the BEAT100 Originals and Covers Music Video Charts. There is an option in privacy settings to choose who is able to be subjected to such content.
3.3 Site Activity – Some of the processes that you do whilst using BEAT100 will be kept track of by BEAT100 regulators. For example, if you like a picture that has been uploaded or say that you are attending an event, not only will this activity be displayed through the content, it may also be logged in our server that you did so.
3.4 Cookie Information – BEAT100 will use ‘cookies’ – small pieces of data that are memorized from your computer or mobile - to make BEAT100 easier to use. We use these cookies to store your login ID (never your password).
3.5 Information from others – BEAT100 may collect information about you that is gained from other users tagging you in a photo, video or status, or indicates any kind of relationship with you.
4) Sharing information on BEAT100
This section is an explanation of your privacy settings. Please consider your privacy settings when sharing information on BEAT100.
4.1 Name and Profile Picture –Your Profile Picture is designed to help other users to find and connect with you. Therefore this content does not have privacy settings. If you do not wish to share this information with other users, do not upload a Profile Picture.
4.2 Contact and Personal Information – When customizing your privacy settings, you can choose who can contact you on BEAT100 and who can see your contact data. Please remember the only piece of information required is your email, which does not have to be shared with anyone. Regarding PI you have the option to decide who sees this information and who doesn’t.
4.3 Gender and Birth Date – BEAT100 requires you to divulge this information to verify if you are not under the age of 14. However you can edit your profile to make this information available/unavailable to other users.
Other Things To Remember
· Some activities you have undertaken will show up on your friends’ pages and other pages you may visit.
· If other users tag you in multimedia, this tag can be removed. You can also choose who sees when you have been tagged, etc in privacy settings. Some of your information may be copied or distributed by other users despite your account being deleted.
· Messages and other types of communication to other users cannot be removed.
· Posting information or commenting on other user’s profiles is subject to that particular user’s privacy setting.
· External sources such as a mobile site will have different privacy settings to a computer, so check the privacy settings for that device before uploading data.
· Information that is set as ‘available to everyone’ in privacy settings can be accessed by other internet users that are not necessarily BEAT100 users. This includes third party search engines. Your information can be redistributed by BEAT00 and other sources with no privacy limitations.
· The default setting for any private information is set as ‘everyone’ and can be changed in your privacy settings.
· If you delete information set for ‘everyone’, it will be removed by BEAT100, but there is no control over its use outside of BEAT100.
5) How we use your Information
5.1 To manage BEAT100 and to improve it, we will collect your information to provide a good customer service and the best consumer experience.
5.2 From time to time, BEAT100 may contact you with service related information. You can decide to not receive these emails in profile settings.
5.3 We allow your friends to see your information to make it easier for them to connect with you.
6) How we share your Information
6.1 BEAT100 will strive to share information with people you know and people within your community. Your privacy settings can restrict what other users can access, but we will automatically share information within a network if we believe the sharing is allowed by you, or when legally justified to do so.
6.2 By default we make certain pieces of information accessible to help your friends find you. However, you can always control how much information is accessible in searches by going to the privacy settings.
6.3 Some of your information will be accessed through available information. However, we generally will limit search engines to only being able to see ‘everyone’ information. You can prevent websites from indexing your profile in the privacy settings.
6.4 Your information may be accessed in order for us to improve BEAT100. We will only do this in a fashion that stops users from being identified.
6.5 BEAT100 is legally tied to divulge personal information in the event of legal action such as subpoenas, court orders or any other criminal or civil matter. Information may also have to be shared if there is any suspicion that fraud, or other legal activity, such as, imminent bodily harm, or to protect us or you from violating our terms, conditions and guidelines.
7) Changing, Editing and Removing Information
7.1 You can change you profile and personal information at any time by going to the ‘edit profile’ link on the left hand side of your profile page. Your information will be updated immediately.
7.2 If you wish to deactivate your account (account settings) you may do so by deleting it. If you delete your account, users can no longer see it but BEAT100 will store certain information, (photos, networks) in case you decide to reactivate your account.
7.3 Some information that has been previously deleted by users may still remain accessible in other parts of the internet in the event that it has been copied and distributed by other users. Your name will not be exclusively linked to that information and be attributed to an ‘anonymous user’.
8) Protecting your Information
8.1 Your information is kept behind a secure server and firewall. However, please be aware that no security measure or firewall is impenetrable and that we cannot ensure all information shared on BEAT100 will not become publicly available. We do, however, impose extra security measures to monitor and analyze account behavior.
8.2 Please be aware, in addition, that BEAT100 will not be held responsible for any leaked private info. BEAT100 cannot control the actions of others in which you share data with. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will see you PI, but in order to prevent such security breaches, ensure to choose a strong password and use antivirus software.
IF you have any security suspicions you can report them.
9) Other Terms
10.1 Prizes are awarded to entries that finish in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in either the BEAT100 Original or Covers Music Video Charts. Prize values are determined by our prize pool, the finishing position and the total number of votes. For up to date information on our current prize pool and structure please visit our prize pool page here http://www.beat100.com/prize-pool/. Each user may only be awarded a maximum of one prize per chart per month. If a case arises where one user has multiple videos in chart-winning positions then they will be awarded the prize of the greatest value only. Additional prizes that would be awarded will be passed down to the next applicable entry.
The prize will only be paid directly to the artist that appears in the video, no prizes will be paid or can be claimed by any third party member.
10.2 Once chart places have been allocated, the winners will be notified (by email first, then by telephone if no reply). Each winner is then required to provide two separate forms of identity so we can verify the legitimacy of the entry. At least one form of identify must contain the address you have registered to your BEAT100 account. We accept the following forms of identify, Passport, Driving Licence, Citizen Card and recent Utility bills. Please note, we only accept one Utility Bill as proof of identity and it must be accompanied by one of the other accepted forms above.
The prize will only be paid direct the the artist that appears in the video, no prizes will be paid or can be claimed by any third party member. Winners of the charts will have 30 days to claim their prize and present the required documentation. If not received within the 30 day period, the prize will be forfeited. Payments will only be made from BEAT100 to a users PayPal account. If you don't have a PayPal account please create one here PayPal. If you are between the age of 14 and 18, your prize can be claimed by a parent/guardian on your behalf. BEAT100 has the right to refuse payment of winnings if they believe a user has tried to defraud the system in anyway, BEAT100’s decision is final.
10.3 BEAT100's prize pools are numerated in United States Dollars (USD). Prizes will be paid between 7/30 days.